- To combat all forms of Homophobia that might affect any individual member of the community who lives, works or socialises in Buckinghamshire. Enabling them to live without the fear of homophobia or transphobia.
- To provide support and information for those who experience homophobic or transphobic incidents by harnessing the energies of local agencies.
- To consider all cases and assess the needs of those affected and encourage relevant agencies to respond appropriately and as quickly as possible.
- To support the investigation of any incidents which appear to involve an element of homophobic or transphobic motivation
- To support and encourage other agencies and community groups (both statutory, voluntary and private).
- To implement effective policies and procedures to eliminate homophobia and to raise public awareness within and outside of their organisation.
- To identify and develop multi-agency training.
- To initiate multi-agency reporting centres where homophobic incidents can be reported in a safe environment.
- To develop and enhance measures of monitoring and evaluating homophobic and transphobic incidents in Buckinghamshire.